Luciferin analog displaying luminescence peak at 677 nm (near-infrared window) with standard firefly luciferase reporter system enabling deeper and more sensitive tissue imaging due to the reduced absorption and scattering of light compared to photonic emissions in the visible wavelengths. The analog also provides stroger emissions for for in vitro assays compared to use of D-Luciferin.
Chemical Name: (4S)-2-[(1E,3E)-4-[4-(Dimethylamino)phenyl]-1,3-butadien-1-yl]-4,5-dihydro-4-thiazolecarboxylic acid hydrochloride
Molecular Weight: 302.39
Purity: 96% by HPLC
Soluble at 5 mg/mL in water and 10 mg/ml in DMSO. A gentle warming in water bath at 45-60°C is recommended for solubilizing in water
Reference publication: Kuchimaru T, et al. Nat Commun. 2016 Jun 14;7:11856. doi: 10.1038/ncomms11856. PubMed PMID: 27297211; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC4911627
Download AkaLumine HCL certificate of analysis
- Nanoparticle-based Cell Trackers for Biomedical Applications.
2020, Theranostics, Ni JS, Li Y, Yue W, Liu B, Li K. abstract article
- Development of a Staphylococcus aureus reporter strain with click beetle red luciferase for enhanced in vivo imaging of experimental bacteremia and mixed infections.
2019, Sci Rep, Miller RJ, Crosby HA, Schilcher K, Wang Y, Ortines RV, Mazhar M, Dikeman DA, Pinsker BL, Brown ID, Joyce DP, Zhang J, Archer NK, Liu H, Alphonse MP, Czupryna J, Anderson WR, Bernthal NM, Fortuno-Miranda L, Bulte JWM, Francis KP, Horswill AR, Miller LS. abstract article
- Self-Illuminating Agents for Deep-Tissue Optical Imaging.
2019, Front Bioeng Biotechnol, Li Q, Zeng J, Miao Q, Gao M. abstract article
- In Vivo Tracking of Tissue Engineered Constructs.
2019, Micromachines (Basel), Gil CJ, Tomov ML, Theus AS, Cetnar A, Mahmoudi M, Serpooshan V. abstract article
- Phrixotrix luciferase and 6'-aminoluciferins reveal a larger luciferin phenolate binding site and provide novel far-red combinations for bioimaging purposes.
2019, Sci Rep, Bevilaqua VR, Matsuhashi T, Oliveira G, Oliveira PSL, Hirano T, Viviani VR. abstract article
- Bioluminescence and near-infrared fluorescence imaging for detection of metastatic bone tumors.
2020, Lasers Med Sci, Lim W, Kim B, Jo G, Yang DH, Park MH, Hyun H. abstract article
- Chemiluminescence and Bioluminescence Imaging for Biosensing and Therapy: In Vitro and In Vivo Perspectives.
2019, Theranostics, Yan Y, Shi P, Song W, Bi S. abstract article
- ATP-Independent Bioluminescent Reporter Variants To Improve in Vivo Imaging.
2019, ACS Chem. Biol., Yeh HW, Xiong Y, Wu T, Chen M, Ji A, Li X, Ai HW. abstract article
- Identification of Factors Complicating Bioluminescence Imaging.
2019, Biochemistry, Yeh HW, Wu T, Chen M, Ai HW. abstract article
- Click beetle luciferase mutant and near infrared naphthyl-luciferins for improved bioluminescence imaging.
2018, Nat Commun, Hall MP, Woodroofe CC, Wood MG, Que I, Van't Root M, Ridwan Y, Shi C, Kirkland TA, Encell LP, Wood KV, Löwik C, Mezzanotte L, Mezzanotte L. abstract article